Learn the secrets of A&S Total Cleaning’s professionals use around their house and keep your Home or Office furiously clean!
IN THE KITCHEN:
1. Tear off a sheet of aluminum foil big enough to fit your grill. Lay it shiny-side down and turn the grill on for 10-15 minutes. When you take the foil off, the greasy mess will be gone.
2. Cloudy drinking glasses will be sparkling clean again if you soak them in warm white vinegar for about an hour. Then rub gently with a dishcloth to remove the film.
3. If your kitchen cutting board smells, wipe with water and then rub in dry mustard. Leave it for a few minutes, then rinse and dry.
IN THE BATHROOM: 1. Get rid of toilet bowl blockages and odors by pouring in one cup of baking soda once a week. 2. Clean your showerhead by filling a plastic sandwich bag with vinegar, and tying it to the head. Leave overnight and in the morning, scrub with a brush. 3. Remove watermarks and white rings by massaging mayonnaise into them and leave in overnight.
IN THE LIVING ROOM:
1. Small scratches on furniture can be removed by rubbing them with a freshly cut Brazil nut or walnut.
2. Use a chunk of white bread to remove finger marks from wallpapers.
3. Use peanut butter to remove chewing gum from carpet.
DEALING WITH CREATURES:
1. Repel mice with peppermint, baking soda, talc or mothballs.
2. Repel moths with bay leaves, cloves or black pepper.
3. Repel Flies and Mosquitoes with outdoor water traps.
GENERAL HELPFUL HINTS:
1. Remove crayon from walls with WD-40.
2. The tannic acid in tea makes it ideal for cleaning wooden floors.
3. Lemon juice works wonders on rust and fruit-based stains on clothes.